- I miss Happy Girl Hair!
- I hated some celebrities showcasing poorly maintained natural hair / suspect natural hair (specifically Toya Carter and Nicki Minaj)
- My vote for most beautiful natural hair worn on TV goes to Tempestt Bledsoe currently acting in Guys with Kids
- I learnt that drinking more water could impact your hair strength (orthosilicic acid in water!)
- I loved doing the pH series!
- I loved Nadine's method of African threading (currently wearing my hair this way!) - see it here
- I learnt that manufacturers are really not honest about preservatives and the fact that products do need to be preserved in order to last more than a week outside a fridge - see it here
- My readers discovered and informed me about a rather harsh SLS free ingredient olefin sulfonate - see it here
- I loved using my microscope and investigating mid shaft splits! More here
- I revisited deep conditioning again with more investigation into time, temperature and adsorption (with a D!) - more here
What was your favourite piece or pieces of 2012 on this blog or on another blog?
Tempestt Bledsoe's images from NBC