**Edit to add: I have now made all the links open in a new window. Please report any broken links if you find any!**
1. Water alone is not enough
2. Humectants (for example glycerin, aloe vera and honey) and their role
3. Glycerin - friend or foe
4. Glycerin may or may not penetrate hair
5. How proteins can add extra moisture
1. Can damaged hair be repaired?
2. Dandruff, what is it?
3. Garlic for hair loss
4. Thinning at the temples?
5. Why do products or methods just suddenly stop working?
Oils in haircare
1. Is mineral oil that bad?
2. How exactly do oils help to retain hair moisture
3. Coconut oil and olive oil can penetrate hair
4. Castor oil, Argan Oil, Camellia Oil, Shea Butter
Proteins in haircare
1. What is the difference between an amino acid and protein
2. Why is hydrolysed protein used in hair care products?
1. Can you use a normal (rinse out conditioner not a leave in) as a leave in?
2. Is deep conditioning a myth
3. The best leave in for type 4 hair?
4. The best conditioners ever - So nice I bought it twice series
1. Can combing really cause damage?
2. To comb or not to comb (also for finger combing)
3. Can twist/braids damage hair?
4. Hair art: Hair accessories
1. What is a surfactant (for example SLS)
2. How does shampoo work - the role of micelles
1. Can you really accelerate the rate of hair growth?
2. Does African hair really grow slower?
1. Can trimming hair actually help your hair grow longer (yes it can sort of!)
2. How much to trim and how often
1. How hot is too hot, when does heat damage occur?
2. Do heat protectants work?
3. Brazilian Keratin Treatment
1. How does a relaxer work
2. Does a relaxer really turn your scalp green and should you really relax children's hair?
Myth or Fact
1. Baking soda relaxer
2. Coconut lime relaxer
General interest topics
1. Porosity - as defined in science
2. Hair typing
3. Henna - how does it work and henna related myth or facts
4. Henna - Curl loosening theory and a general discussion on the subject
5. An unsupportive husband: Embracing natural hair
6. Building Confidence: Learning to like what you see in the mirror
7. Sodium hydroxide - how dangerous is it?
8. Parabens and cancer